All I can say is WOW! I recently starting teaching at the University of Utah as an adjunct in the Nutrition department. Part of the classes include food labs where food from different parts of the world are cooked, tasted and enjoyed. As a way to get the recipes to the students without using paper (that’s so old school!) and as a promise I made to my family to preserve some of the recipes from my country of origin, I leaped into the blog world. That was approximately 4 weeks ago. What a pleasure and a huge surprise to find myself nominated for a blog award by two amazing bloggers. Assia at Assia’s Kaleidoscope who not only makes great food but has gorgeous photography and Tasha at Foodashion who’s charming wit and wonderful food are truly delightful. To be nominated by two such awe-inspring women is truly an honor! WOW, translated in Bengali it’s still “WOW”. All I can say is thank you so much ladies!
It really is an honor. The coolest thing about this award are the criteria, since I get to share the LOVE! To receive the award I must do the following:
- Thank the blogger who has nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
- Share 7 things about yourself.
- Pass the award onto 7 other bloggers whose blogs you enjoy reading.
- Write to the bloggers you have nominated to let them know about the award.
Here are the 7 things about myself:
1. My firstborn child is a new US Air Force Pilot. He and his wife (my beautiful artist daughter in law) will be stationed in England for the next three years (guess where I am going for my next vacation!)
2. My daughter is a freshman in college ~ so I’m officially an “empty-nester”
3. I’m a gospel singer and lead worship every week
4. I can speak 5 languages (I can only read and write in three of them, so my smart friends tell me I should only count 3!)
5. I’m licensed to drive 3 different kinds of fork lifts (loooong story)
6. I’m scared of Mimes and most Clowns (people with lots of make up who don’t speak, scare me)
7. I once took a bath in Oreos (not on purpose, I was trying to hide them)
Now for my 7 nominations of blogs that I think are so great and deserving…in no particular order….are:
1. Kellie Anderson at Food to Glow for her beautiful and delicious foods that are also high in nutrient content and easy to prepare, the dietitian in me sings for joy when I visit her blog!
2. Cheryl the ultimate Pasta Princess. Her pastas are true works of art and she can cook a whole host of other things as well.
3. Malou and her gorgeous photography, tasty foods and stories of her life as Filipino woman Going Dutch.
4. Being a thrifty third world woman, I absolutely love Frugal Feeding. Not only does he save money but he does it with panache and great taste and that Brit wit!
5. Unwind cooking because she can sip some wine, knows her wine and can whip up some great stuff in her kitchen.
6. Emmy at Emmy Cooks who posts delicious recipes everyday and she has three kids!
7. Anastasia at While Chasing Kids with her delightful photography and Russian take on life and foods.
These are my picks. I could only choose seven. I wish the rules allowed for even more because as I am finding out, there are some fantastic blogs out there full of glorious things. Thank you Assia and Tasha for nominating me and thanks to all the amazing bloggers out there who are teaching me great stuff daily. ~ blessings, Tahmina